Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Miami and Port Canaveral Cruises

  • Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Miami and Port Canaveral Cruises

Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Miami and Port Canaveral Cruises

Shares of Carnival Corp. shed 2.3% in morning trading Monday, after the cruise operator said it has made a decision to cancel the remaining cruises, for a total of six ships, that operate from PortMiami and Port Canaveral for November.

With cruise lines still suspending operations until December 2020 and for many even longer it comes as no surprise that Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez has announced to extends its waiver on berth and harbor fees. It previously planned to restart operations out of those ports when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lifts its No Sail Order Oct. 31, but the company "has now determined that November 2020 operations will not be feasible", it said in a statement.

Carnival has been working on protocols and procedures that will allow it to resume cruise operations on a gradual, phased-in approach, designating Miami and Cape Canaveral as the first two homeports for embarkations.

"Cruises now scheduled for December from those two homeports remain in place for the time being while Carnival evaluates options", the company added.

The cruise line said it was notifying guests that five cruises on Carnival Splendor out of Sydney, Australia next January and February have been canceled.

Australian cruise guests that had their January/February cruises canceled are also eligible for the same offer. Those guests will receive the same offer of the combination FCC/OBC, or a full refund.