6 killed in Kabul auto bomb blast

  • 6 killed in Kabul auto bomb blast

6 killed in Kabul auto bomb blast

The Taliban denied involvement in the blast and there was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.

The ministry of defence said five were killed and at least six injured in the attack. The ministry said that the blast which took place early Tuesday had civilian casualties but the extent of the injuries and death is still unknown.

A witness said there was a big explosion followed by gunfire. However, there has been dispute over the conditions that would lead to the U.S. troops finally leaving Afghanistan and ending a war that has been going on for 18 years.

A security source was quoted as saying the attacker was on foot when he targeted a vehicle as it was entering the facility.

For his part, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani condemned the attack in a statement released by his office.

Pompeo last week demanded "demonstrable evidence" from the Taliban that it will lower the violence level in Afghanistan before signing a deal that would lead to peace talks and a withdrawal of American troops from the country. Zabihullah Mujahid, spokesman of the terrorist organization Taliban, said, "We have no information about this attack". The United Nations calculates that between 2009, when it first began documenting civilian casualties, and October 2019, a total of 34,677 Afghan civilians have been killed in insurgent attacks and caught in the crossfire in fighting between militants and Afghan security forces and their USA -led coalition allies.

Nasrat Rahimi, a spokesman of the Ministry of Interior confirmed that a suicide bomber detonated his explosives in Qambar Square.

Four foreign nationals were among those wounded.

The Islamic State group are also active in Kabul.

Tuesday's attack comes as Washington and the Taleban wrangle over a possible deal that would see USA troops begin to leave Afghanistan in return for security guarantees. Trump abruptly broke off the on-again, off-again USA talks with the Taliban in September after almost a year of discussions with the insurgent group.

Talks were later restarted in December in Qatar, but paused again following an attack near the US-run Bagram military base in Afghanistan.

The number of fatalities is changeable, according to Rahimi.