Joan Collins escapes 'terrifying fire' in her London apartment

  • Joan Collins escapes 'terrifying fire' in her London apartment

Joan Collins escapes 'terrifying fire' in her London apartment

Joan Collins is being treated for breathing difficulties after a "terrifying" fire tore through her London home yesterday.

Fire crews were called to the actress's building in Belgravia on Saturday afternoon, and got the blaze under control.

Collins - who recently starred in the latest season of American Horror Story: Apocalypse - took to Twitter to share her appreciation for the hardworking fire fighters for their rapid response and hard work, and her shared praise for her "hero" husband, for his quick thinking and deft use of their fire extinguisher. My hero Percy had already doused the flames consuming the wall with an extinguisher (#donttakethisrisk). But glad we were able to help.

"Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help".

A further tweet thanked the NHS for treating herself and Percy for "smoke inhalation" and for comforting her.

"And the wonderful @metpoliceuk who kept the street closed and everyone safe".

A large portion of her walls, as well as the windows, were completely charred.

epa06582216 Joan Collins (L) and husband Percy Gibson pose at the 2018 Vanity Fair Oscar Party following the 90th annual Academy Awards ceremony in Beverly Hills, California, USA, 04 March 2018.

The London Fire Brigade said they were called to a seven-storey building on Eaton Place, Belgravia, at about 4:30pm on Saturday. "He was the one who put the fire out and took control until the fire brigade arrived". Two fire engines and a turn table ladder from Soho fire station attended the scene.

Earlier today, the star also posted a clip that showed the damage caused by the fire in the apartment.