All 12 boys and their football trainer 'pulled from flooded Thailand cave'

  • All 12 boys and their football trainer 'pulled from flooded Thailand cave'

All 12 boys and their football trainer 'pulled from flooded Thailand cave'

All 12 boys of a youth football team and their coach have been pulled from a flooded cave in Thailand, the country's Navy Seals said.

Earlier, rescue operation commander Narongsak Osottanakorn said the mission began soon after 10am, involving 19 divers.

Dozens of foreign divers and other experts from around the world were brought in to help the rescue effort, working alongside Thai Navy SEALs.

Rescue organisers said they needed 20 hours to replan and replenish oxygen supplies, with the next rescue mission expected to come some time on Tuesday afternoon.

Four boys and their soccer coach remain in the cave.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha dismissed rumours on Tuesday that the boys had been drugged to facilitate the operation, saying the children had not been given anaesthetic.

Chaing Mai cave rescue efforts to save group of 12 trapped boys and their football coach have entered their third day today, and hopes are pinned on divers to save the last stranded few.

VideoOne of the divers on the rescue team in Thailand explains the difficulty of getting the boys out.

The eight boys brought out on Sunday and Monday were in good health overall and some asked for chocolate bread for breakfast, officials said, though they can't yet digest the spicy dishes favoured by many Thais.

"The water level is still at a satisfactory level and we have enough teams to complete the mission", Narongsak said on Monday.

This final mission aims to rescue the last remaining 4 members of the team, as well as their coach.

Eight of the boys were brought out on stretchers over the first two days - four on Sunday and four on Monday.

They were in the cave with three Navy SEALs and a Thai doctor who had volunteered to stay with the boys since they were first miraculously found eight days ago.

Two of the first boys had mild lung infections which could be pneumonia but, he said, most of the boys were "fine, normal" and had undergone a battery of tests, X-rays, and received vaccinations.

Doctors were being cautious because of the infection risk and were isolating the boys in the hospital.

"The kids are footballers so they have high immune systems", he added.

He said they would need to keep at least 2 metres away from their boys for at least 48 hours, until "we are sure there is no infection, then they can visit them normally".

Mr Narongsak said he was grateful for Mr Musk's support but the equipment was impractical for the rescue mission.

At least nine ambulances and a convoy of other vehicles were at the cave site Tuesday.

Rescuers say they will extract the rest of the squad and their coach on Tuesday as heavy rains return.

Divers involved in the rescue described treacherous conditions, with fast-moving shallow water passing through very narrow passages.

After garnering headlines with initial ideas of installing a giant air tube inside the cave complex and using his firm's penetrating radar to dig holes to reach the boys, Musk offered his idea for the mini-sub.