Girl in beach trampoline tragedy died of head injury

  • Girl in beach trampoline tragedy died of head injury

Girl in beach trampoline tragedy died of head injury

Tributes have been paid to a three-year-old girl who died after being thrown from an inflatable trampoline on a beach.

Havant Borough Council, in Hampshire, made the announcement after the death of Ava-May Littleboy, three, who was killed when the inflatable trampoline she was playing on at a beach in Norfolk appeared to explode.

"The young female was seriously injured and in cardiac arrest on our arrival, and was conveyed to James Paget Hospital", a spokeswoman for the ambulance service said in a statement.

"She was not your ordinary little girl, as anyone she met she would leave a lasting impression on", they said.

She said: "Whilst I don't want to speculate on yesterday's events without knowing the full facts we must point out this did not happen on a bouncy castle".

Witnesses told police they heard a "loud bang" and that the inflatable "apparently burst".

The death has prompted some to call for tighter restrictions on the attractions.

Mr Halfon asked for a temporary ban on inflatables in public areas to be imposed, until regulations can be examined. Poor little girl was in the air.

"I will love you always and forever".

"A bouncy castle exploded at the beach and the child on it was catapulted about 20ft into the air".

She said: "Literally there were screams from everyone on the beach and it was nearly like slow motion".

A post-mortem examination found that Ava-May died from a head injury, Norfolk Police said.

He said: "My understanding is that the mother had a conversation with the stall holder and the child went on the equipment".

"I'm a dad myself and you just can't imagine what they would be going through".

"You can not risk a tragedy like this happening again".

Ava-May's family are being supported by specialist officers.

Before the announcement today the borough authority permitted bouncy castles or inflatables on its land as long as the event organiser had a risk assessment and the correct insurance.

In 2016, a seven-year-old girl died after a bouncy castle broke free in high winds from its moorings in Harlow.

The Cambridgeshire coupleound guilty of manslaughter by gross negligence and of a health and safety offence after the March 26 2016 death.