Netflix Is Cutting Ties With Kevin Spacey After Sexual Misconduct Allegations

  • Netflix Is Cutting Ties With Kevin Spacey After Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Netflix Is Cutting Ties With Kevin Spacey After Sexual Misconduct Allegations

"Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey". Here's a look at key developments in his still-unfolding case. Wolfe had been the one to issue the statement that Spacey was seeking "evaluation and treatment" just one day earlier. At the end of the night, an inebriated Spacey picked him up, placed him on his bed, and climbed on top of him, Rapp said.

Vulture published allegations from a 48-year-old artist living on the East Coast, who said he began a sexual relationship with Spacey when he was 14, which ended when the actor, then 24, allegedly tried to rape him when he was 15 years old.

Meanwhile, CNN has reported that eight anonymous employees and former employees from the "House of Cards" set have come forward with claims about the actor's alleged "predatory" behaviour. The Star Trek: Discovery actor alleged the Oscar victor had pinned him to a bed in his apartment when Rapp was just 14.

The fallout from Kevin Spacey's sexual harassment claims continues with Netflix now making its decision about the 58-year-old actor and star of their award-winning drama, House of Cards very clear.

Thirty years ago, Spacey was a 27-year-old actor in NY. "It was more common for this guy, when he was in the bar of his theater, grabbing whoever caught his attention", Cavazos wrote.

"Spacey responded to Rapp's initial allegations, saying that he didn't remember the encounter and offered an apology".

Netflix did not immediately respond to HuffPost's request for comment.

That was followed by another man who described a creepy sexual incident with Spacey. When they were just minutes away from the set - and while the vehicle was still moving - the production assistant alleged that Spacey put his hands down the production assistant's trousers.

British police confirmed Friday that they had opened an investigation into an allegation of sexual assault from a man in 2008, although officers never identify the subject of an inquiry unless and until they are charged. The Sun newspaper said the new allegation comes from a man who was in his early 20s at the time.

"We have also decided we will not be moving forward with the release of the film "Gore", which was in post-production, starring and produced by Kevin Spacey." the statement concludes. In another blow to Spacey's wallet, a Dutch business forum canceled his headline appearance at their conference November 29 in Rotterdam.